Wanted: Activities Assistant to join our award winning team
re you a dedicated professional looking for a new role in a rewarding care environment? We are looking for a friendly, committed individual to join our fantastic team.
Job title: Activities Assistant
Pay: £8.51 plus 25% enhancement for weekends
Hours: 24 hours for week one and 30 hours for week two (an average of 27 hours)
Work pattern: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 10.00-4.30 and alternative Saturdays from 10.00-4.30.
Reporting to: Activities Coordinator
Start date: Middle of June, or sooner.
Location: Green Tree Court, Exeter
Purpose of the role
To assist in organising and facilitating varied and appropriate programmes of activity for the residents of Green Tree Court, based on their needs, wishes and desires.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Identify resident activity needs and wishes through assessment, observation and discussion, maintaining records of these as required.
- Liaise with residents, relatives, friends of residents and staff to ensure full knowledge of the residents likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties.
- Assist in exploring the most appropriate methods and resources for meeting activity needs including group events, individual sessions, involving internal, external and community-based resources.
- Assist in and promoting the planned programme in a manner that encourages involvement of all the residents, their relatives and staff members.
- Assist in providing activities based on the planned programme, allowing for changes as necessary.
- Maintain individual records of the residents’ participation in line with the guidance provided by the Activities Coordinator.
- Maintain a portfolio of information, including the range of activities available within the home and the local community.
- Assist in regularly reviewing resident needs, the programme of activities and levels of participation, in conjunction with the Activities Coordinator.
- Assist in organising theme events as required, based on local holidays and traditions in line with guidance from the Activities Coordinator.
- Participate in fundraising events as required.
Key responsibilities within Lexicon Healthcare
At Lexicon Healthcare, we aim to provide the very best possible standard of care at all times, and as a member of the team, you will be an essential part of ensuring we exceed this commitment.
- Abide by and uphold the Lexicon Healthcare Philosophy of Care at all times.
- Show courtesy and respect to all residents, their relatives and maintain their right to confidentiality at all times.
- Greet all visitors to Green Tree Court in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Attend training sessions, staff meetings and resident meetings as required.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the team.
- Be aware of and comply with all Lexicon Healthcare company policies.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake additional tasks from time to time.
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Applicable hobbies / self-interests
- A creative approach able to generate new ideas
- Demonstrable ability to motivate and engage residents using energy, a sense of humour and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of and empathy with the user group
- Demonstrable ability to communicate well with the user group using a person-centred approach
- If requirement to drive minibus – you must be over 21 years of age
- NVQ2/3 (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care with activity units as chosen option
- Knowledge of organising activities to enhance the lives of the residents
- Involvement in community groups
Experience of working in the care sector preferable but not essential as training will be provided. Applicant should have a fun and bubbly personality and be able to work on their own at times.