Wanted: Housekeeper to join our award winning team
re you a hardworking individual with previous experience in housekeeping? We’re looking for a dedicated Housekeeper to join our award winning team.
Green Tree Court, Exeter, Devon
£7.83 per hour +25% enhancement at weekends.
To start ASAP following satisfactory references and a DBS check
To be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the home at all times in accordance with the cleaning schedules in place.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To clean the residents’ rooms, bathrooms, communal bathrooms and toilets and all public areas in the home to the standards set out in the cleaning schedules.
- Ensure schedules for cleaning, including spring cleaning, are maintained in accordance with the cleaning schedules.
- Manage the company’s resources efficiently, to minimise loss and prevent wastage of supplies.
- Operate vacuum cleaners, floor polishers, carpet shampooers etc. safely and for their designed use. Ensure equipment is maintained and stored properly. Ensure that the utility and storage rooms are clean and in an orderly condition.
- Sweep, scrub, wax and polish floors as appropriate. Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and curtains. Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Wash woodwork, windows, door panels and sills. Clean toilets, baths, sinks and hand basins.
- Make sure the housekeeping trolley is clean, tidy and well stocked with all items and equipment required to clean the home.
- Report all maintenance and safety hazards and withdraw faulty equipment from use immediately.
- Apply cleaning substances in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, taking all necessary safety precautions. Ensure adequate stocks are available and secure stock at all times.
- Empty rubbish bins regularly and transport rubbish to the disposal area.
- Ensure statutory and company requirements in terms of Health and Safety and COSHH are upheld at all times.