Wanted: Home Administrator to join our award winning team
Green Tree Court, Exeter, Devon
Circa £25-27,000 per annum, DOE
To start ASAP
Purpose of the role
To provide an efficient, accurate and friendly administrative service that supports the residents, their relatives and the staff team within Green Tree Court.
Key responsibilities of the role
- To provide accurate and up to date reports to the Home Director within agreed deadlines.
- Collate, report and monitor data, especially resident occupancy, aged debt, staffing levels. Highlight anomalies and submit data to support offices on behalf of the Home Director.
- Take an active part in the recruitment of new team members, providing administrative support at all stages of the process.
- Meet with the Home Director at agreed intervals (ideally weekly) to give an update report and ensure any potential issues are raised and handled in a timely manner.
- Ensure any urgent issues are raised to the Home Director outside of the scheduled meetings immediately.
- Maintain resident and staff files and store securely all company and legal paperwork in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure accurate purchase ledger record keeping and petty-cash administration.
- Train and support the Receptionist and Administrative Assistants (where applicable) in their roles to ensure an efficient support service is provided to all.
- Project a positive and professional image at all times when communicating with residents, relatives, external bodies and anyone coming into contact with the team at Green Tree Court.
Key responsibilities within Lexicon Healthcare
At Lexicon Healthcare, we aim to provide the very best possible standard of care at all times, and as a member of the team, you will be an essential part of ensuring we exceed this commitment.
- Abide by and uphold the Lexicon Healthcare Philosophy of Care at all times.
- Show courtesy and respect to all residents, their relatives and maintain their right to confidentiality at all times.
- Greet all visitors to Green Tree Court in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Attend training sessions, staff meetings and resident meetings as required.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the team.
- Be aware of and comply with all Lexicon Healthcare company policies.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake additional tasks from time to time.
- Experience within an accounting environment and credit control experience
- Knowledge of reviewing expenditure against budgets and controlling purchasing
- Relevant administration experience
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others working in the team
- AAT or equivalent
- Experience of working within the NHS or private healthcare sector
- Knowledge of working with different client groups