Wanted: Kitchen Assistant to join our award winning team
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Reporting to: Head Chef
Location: Green Tree Court, Exeter, Devon
Purpose of the role
To ensure that all catering areas are maintained in a hygienic, clean, tidy and safe manner, as per the operational standards and to assist in all relevant aspects of catering operation.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Prepare simple meals, i.e vegetables and salad items for service under the direction of the Head Chef. Prepare ancillary items for service such as bread and soft drinks
- Wash dishes by hand or place them in the dishwasher. Wash pots, pans and trays. Store clean items neatly and safely to minimise breakages
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors, keeping them free from grease or spillages at all times
- Wash worktables, walls and kitchen equipment and appliances in accordance with cleaning schedules. Sign off cleaning schedule on completion of tasks
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
- Operate all kitchen equipment within competence and in accordance with instructions.
- Segregate and remove rubbish and place it in designated containers.
- Put supplies away in correct place and lock storerooms and cupboards. Leave kitchen tidy, clean and secure.
- Comply with company policy in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety, completing and storing all records as outlined in the Assured Safe Catering Policy.
Key responsibilities within Lexicon Healthcare
At Lexicon Healthcare we aim to provide the very best possible standard of care at all times, and as a member of the team, you will be an essential part of ensuring we exceed this commitment.
- To work towards the agreed philosophy and objectives of the Care Home and company.
- Show courtesy and respect to all residents, their relatives and maintain their right to confidentiality at all times.
- Greet all visitors to Green Tree Court in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Attend mandatory and in-house training sessions as directed by the Home Trainer.
- Attend staff and resident meetings as required.
- Participate in team/communication, and to develop a cohesive, supportive and effective team
- Report any incidents, accidents or near misses following incident reporting procedure.
- Participate in responding to verbal complaints where possible, leading to resolution.
- Undertake a responsible attitude towards economy and care of equipment and property, and be aware of conditions predisposing to accidents.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of resources.
- Adhere to all Company and Trust policies and procedures, to ensure a safe environment for residents, visitors and staff to maintain quality standards.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional tasks from time to time.
- Knowledge of maintaining a clean, tidy, safe and hygienic environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to work well within a team
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate or evidence of Food Hygiene awareness
- Hold the Royal Society of Health and Hygiene Certificate
- Experience/knowledge of working in a catering department/kitchen
- Knowledge of working in a nursing/residential home kitchen
- Practical ability of preparing simple meals
- Knowledge of stock control
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72 /hour