Wanted: Housekeeping/Laundry assistant to join our outstanding team.
re you a hardworking and committed individual with previous experience in housekeeping or laundering?
We’re looking for a dedicated Housekeeping/Laundry assistant to join our friendly team.
Job title: Housekeeping/Laundry assistant
Reporting to: Hotel Services Manager
Location: Exeter, Devon
Hours: Part time, 22.5 hour contract
Work pattern: 3x 7am-3pm shifts, including 1 weekend day each week
Salary: £8.21 per hour with 25% enhancement at weekends
Purpose of the role.
As part of your role you will help ensure our home is presented beautifully at all times, which includes cleaning, laundry and housekeeping duties. This role would ideally suit someone looking to gain experience in customer service within a nursing home / residential home environment.
Some previous experience would be advantageous but most importantly you will need to be have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work well within a team.
Key responsibilities of the role
- To clean the residents’ rooms, bathrooms, communal bathrooms and toilets and all public areas in the home to the standards set out in the cleaning schedules.
- Ensure schedules for cleaning, including spring cleaning, are maintained in accordance with the cleaning schedules.
- Manage the company’s resources efficiently, to minimise loss and prevent wastage of supplies.
- Operate vacuum cleaners, floor polishers, carpet shampooers etc. safely and for their designed use. Ensure equipment is maintained and stored properly. Ensure that the utility and storage rooms are clean and in an orderly condition.
- Sweep, scrub, wax and polish floors as appropriate. Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and curtains. Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Wash woodwork, windows, door panels and sills. Clean toilets, baths, sinks and hand basins.
- Make sure the housekeeping trolley is clean, tidy and well stocked with all items and equipment required to clean the home.
- Report all maintenance and safety hazards and withdraw faulty equipment from use immediately.
- Apply cleaning substances in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, taking all necessary safety precautions. Ensure adequate stocks are available and secure stock at all times.
- Empty rubbish bins regularly and transport rubbish to the disposal area.
- Handle all incoming items to the laundry as per the agreed system. Sort items for different washing temperatures, then select the appropriate wash and drying programme.
- Iron all linen, keep all cupboards tidy and well stocked with adequate clean supplies, report any shortages and recommend when replacement stocks are required.
- Iron all residents clothing in accordance with instruction labels. If required, undertake repairs to items within competence where appropriate. Return clothing to residents’ rooms and put away tidily.
- In conjunction with the care staff ensure that new residents’ clothes are labelled and that any new items received by existing residents are to be labelled.
- Where personal items have not been labelled make sure every effort to trace the owner of the garment. Keep a written record of any such items and of any items accidentally damaged.
- Report the condition of residents clothing (to the nurse on the floor/unit in question) to enable replacements to be purchased if necessary.
- Keep all cupboards tidy, secure and well stock with adequate cleaning supplies. Report any shortages and recommend when replacement stocks are required.
- Organise delivery and return of items to dry cleaners as required and keep a record of costs.
- Ensure that all machines and equipment are in good working order, report defects and immediately withdraw any faulty equipment from the service.
- Ensure statutory and company requirements in terms of Health and Safety and COSHH are upheld at all times.
- Be aware of, implement and maintain company processes and procedures as appropriate.
Green Tree Court is a 5-star, purpose built nursing and dementia care home. Here we offer residents a luxurious living experience with an unrivalled standard of nursing and clinical care. Our in-home facilities are second to none and feature an in-house holistic therapy suite, gym, hairdressing and beauty salon along with several relaxing living spaces including accessible, level gardens.
We take pride in offering a 5-star living and dining experience at Green Tree Court, so if you have excellent attention to detail and can work well within a team environment, this could be just the job for you.