Wanted: Home Administrator to join our award winning team
Job title: Lead Nurse RMN – Dementia
Reporting to: Home Director
Location: Exeter, Devon
Start Date: ASAP
Purpose of the role
To manage all aspects of the delivery of care to the residents at Green Tree Court, with particular emphasis on the development, monitoring and audit of professional standards to ensure high quality care is provided at all times.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Plan, organise and manage the dementia services across the home and the resources herein. Supervise staff, carry out regular appraisals and manage any issues as necessary.
- To lead by example and promote person centred care for those residents with Dementias, including training of staff in the skills and attitudes required.
- Assess staffing requirements and prepare rotas accordingly. Monitor staffing, record attendance and manage relief staffing to cover absence.
- Provide professional leadership to all nursing and care staff. Train, develop and otherwise facilitate learning for all staff members in the team. Encourage all staff to take ownership of their learning and development, and work with the Training Manager to provide a programme of study days and professional development.
- Identify, develop and implement quality initiatives. Monitor and audit all aspects of care delivery and develop a process for clinical supervision.
- Take responsibility for the regular conversation with residents and families about their personalised care plans, including their preferences, desires and wishes. Ensure care plans are regularly updated.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the residents, staff and visitors in line with Health and Safety policy.
- Take an active role in the multi-disciplinary team for those residents who have other teams of healthcare professionals involved in their care.
Key responsibilities within Lexicon Healthcare
At Lexicon Healthcare, we aim to provide the very best possible standard of care at all times, and as a member of the team, you will be an essential part of ensuring we exceed this commitment.
- Abide by and uphold the Lexicon Healthcare Philosophy of Care at all times.
- Show courtesy and respect to all residents, their relatives and maintain their right to confidentiality at all times.
- Greet all visitors to Green Tree Court in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Attend training sessions, staff meetings and resident meetings as required.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the team.
- Be aware of and comply with all Lexicon Healthcare company policies.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake additional tasks from time to time.
- RMN qualified nurse
- Current NMC pin number
- At least two years of nursing experience, ideally at least one of which includes care of older people
- Ability to evaluate resident care and act accordingly if untoward changes occur
- Experience of recording accurate daily care plans
- Knowledge of co-ordinating shift rotas
- Practical experience in providing high quality care and exceeding expectations
- Evidence of personal continuing professional development
- Ability to motivate and work with a team of staff
- Hold a recognised qualification such as Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice and/or relevant experience
- Hold a recognised qualification in Care for Elderly People and/or relevant experience
- Experience of establishing relationships with other healthcare professionals; including GPs, and social workers
- Demonstrable ability to provide leadership, to motivate and provide guidance to staff
- Knowledge of organising activities to enhance lives of residents